The inkless Print Kit
Problems with fingerprint lines
- Larger fingers (thumb vs. pinky) will be easier to capture all the lines because there is more space between the ridges.
- Men may have an easier time getting a clear print because their fingers are generally larger.
- If the lines aren't clear, try gently touching the paper without pressing down to avoid squishing the ridges together.
- You may have fingerprint lines that have been worn down from various things such as chemicals, aging, handling heavy, rough materials frequently. If this seems to be the case, try a different finger such as your middle or ring finger.
Take lots of prints; and take them separately
- Fill up your card with prints; the more tries the better the chance for a really clear print
- Take your fingerprints separately, not in a heart shape. And, it's best to use the same finger for each person so the sizes match up.
- Multiple tries will help you get the hang of the right amount of pressure and have a lots of attempts produce clear fingerprints.
- If there part of print doesn't turn out well on one attempt, but is very clear in another, they prints can be combined to get a more complete and clear fingerprint.
- You will want to take your fingerprints separately, not in a heart shape (for the fingerprint guest books). You will have enough cards for each person taking prints, and the wipe can be used many times for many people. It feels dry when you open it, and it won’t dry out and will still work even after it has been open for a while.
USING THE KIT TO TAKE YOUR FINGERPRINTS
- Rub wipe around on your fingertip, it will feel dry and will last for multiple people and multiple tries.
- Lightly press finger straight down; don't roll or your true fingerprint shape will be lost. The chemical on the wipe will take a few moments to develop and darken.
- Reapply wipe as needed; approximately every other time or when prints appear too light.
- If you are having trouble capturing clean lines, try touching the paper very lightly and holding for 1-2 seconds.
- Take each person's prints on a separate card (not in a heart shape) and label with name.
- Taking your prints on the edge of a table can give you a better angle for taking your prints.