Unique Gift for Wedding
If you are looking for a unique wedding gift, engagement gift or wedding shower gift, it doesn't get more unique than this! Using the couple's fingerprints, a one-of-a-kind fingerprint portrait is created and customized with their details and color choices.
Choose the artwork size and material you wish to gift, and a gift certificate will be sent to the recipients.
After artwork is completed the keepsake will be sent directly to the recipients.
How does this work?
1. Your gift recipient will receive an inkless Print Kit with a pre-paid envelope to return their fingerprints (prepaid for U.S. mail only). Detailed instructions will help them take and return their prints and customize their gift.
2. A designer will work with your gift recipients to select which style option they prefer and to personalize their artwork.
3. Make it perfect! They will review a digital proof and request changes or approve for production.
FAQs About Fingerprints
What is the inkless Print Kit?
The inkless fingerprint taking kit is meant to accompany the custom fingerprint/footprint keepsakes.
This special system will help you achieve clear and defined prints. The kit is very easy to use and completely mess-free! Only one kit is needed per couple and includes everything you need to take and return your prints.
Do they have to use the their actual fingerprints?
No, you have the option to choose the stock fingerprints shown in the sample photos. Please reach out to email@example.com for this option.
Product Details & Turnaround Time
Will they have a chance to review the artwork?
Yes, your gift recipient will receive a digital proof by email to review before production. You will work directly with the artist to create the perfect custom keepsake.
Can you describe the product in detail?
Keepsakes are printed on thick, archival quality matte paper with fade-resistant ink.
Gallery Wrapped Canvas - Acid-free, fade-resistant coated canvas stretched around 1.5” thick wooden frame. Mounting brackets included.
Framed Print - Black alder lightweight wood frame from renewable forests, acrylite front protector (not glass); Removable backing; 24x36 size not available in some countries.
When will they receive their artwork?
• Actual Fingerprint: Proof ready 5-7 days after fingerprints received
Sample Fingerprint: Proof ready 2-4 days after you place your order
• After approval of digital proof: 3-5 days production time. If Flutterbye Prints is unable to reach you concerning your digital proof after 4 attempts, your order will be shipped without approval of the design.
• Recipient will be notified when prints are received.
• Prints need to be received no later than 14 days (18 days for canvas/frame upgrades) prior to when you need the keepsake without incurring additional rush fees. Returning fingerprints by email can save time.
• International delivery times vary, averaging 2-3 weeks; prints are needed 5 weeks prior to event. Print Kits are not included or recommended for international orders.
• Shipping times will depend on your location and shipping speed choice.
FAQs about using as a guest book
What size do I need for my number of guests?
It is very difficult to predict length of guests' messages and size of writing, these are general estimates:
8x10: up to 40
24x36: 125-160 - If you have a large wedding, please include the number of guests at checkout to arrange a 10-15% artwork reduction. Enter information in the "Special Instructions" box at checkout. It is advised that you measure a space sized 24x36 to get a sense of scale, it is a large size.
A3 and A2 sizes are international standard frame sizes. For A3 60-80 signatures and A2 100-125.
Where do the guests sign?
Guest sign on the paper print. If you will have your print in a frame, you will want to put the front protector behind the print during your event so guests can sign and the print is still supported. Then you can put the protector back into place to cover the signed print.
For gallery wrapped canvas, the guests sign directly on the canvas. It is coated so the surface is smooth and markers write easily.
What if my gift recipients don’t like their keepsake?
Since they’ll be working directly with the artist, they will have a chance to make changes and voice concerns before anything is produced. If they are not 100% satisfied with the artwork before it is produced, you are welcome to cancel your order for a full refund.
What if they want to order another product with their fingerprints?
A one-time fee will apply to custom fingerprints; once they have been digitized, they will be on file (unless customer requests for them to be deleted; physical copies are always shredded) and you can use them for other keepsake products at no additional cost. Reach out before ordering to find out how how to use fingerprints again.